How can I be student for a day ?

The student for a day activity is an excellent way to discover the trades offered in our different centers. It is also an opportunity to get acquainted with the friendly atmosphere that prevails at ACCESS.  Would you like to be a student for a day? Get in touch with us at 450 676-1843, extension 7039 to get more information or to book an appointment.

What documents do I need to register?

Requested documents might vary according to where you were born (in Québec, in Canada, outside Québec, Outside Canada). Please visit the information\registration page to learn the process for registration and the documents you should bring.

Are the programs eligible for the Québec loans and bursaries program?

The Québec loans and bursaries program is financed through l’Aide financière aux études (AFE). It allows Québec students to carry on their studies even though they might not have sufficient resources to do so. To see the list of eligible programs for the loans and bursaries program, please visit our loans and bursaries page.

Are the programs also offered in French?

ACCESS is proud to be part of the Riverside School Board for more than 40 years. Our programs are offered in English, but were designed for a bilingual population, allowing the students to study in English while developing competencies to work in a French environment.

Do you help students find a job?

The Québec public service offers all of our students the chance to gain working experience in their field of study. Whether it is for a job or an internship, the Québec public service offers summer employment opportunities or yearlong job experience. For more information, please visit the student job page !


Can I get my high school degree while doing a vocational training?

Yes, we offer students the possibility to get their prerequisites while following a vocational training program. For more information, please get in touch with us dialing 450-676-1843.

How can I register for a professional training program?

All registrations are done upon appointment. Visit our registration page in order to follow the instructions step by step and take an appointment.

What are the costs of a vocational training program?

The costs vary based on the program. To get a better idea of the cost you are interested in, please contact us at 450 676 1843

What are the prerequisites needed to register in a vocational training program?

Each program have their own requirements. We recommend you visit our vocational training programs page to familiarize yourself with the prerequisites or call us at 450 676 1843.

How old must a student be to register for a vocational training program?

To register in a VT program the student must be at least 16 years old at by September 30th of the upcoming academic year. If you are not 16 years and older at the moment of your registration, then you must be accompanied by a parent or a tutor.

Is there a placement test to do in order to register in a professional training program ?

No there is not.


How do I register for adult education?

You need to make an appointment and register with us directly. Visit our registration page and follow the step by step instructions.

What are the costs for the adult education courses?

There is a service fee of 75.00 $. Other fees may apply and vary according to the courses you choose. Don’t hesitate to contact us at 450 676-1843. We will be happy to provide you with all the necessary information.

How old must a student be to register for a vocational training program?

To register in a VT program the student must be at least 16 years old at by September 30th of the upcoming academic year. If you are not 16 years and older at the moment of your registration, then you must be accompanied by a parent or a tutor.

Are they placements test available in order to register for adult education ?

Yes, placement test are available if you are required to do one. Feel free to contact us at 450 676-1843 for more information on placement test requirements.


How do I register for French or English classes ?

Registration must be done in person, upon appointment. Please visit our registration page, follow the steps by steps guidelines and take an appointment.

How much do the French and English classes cost?

There is a 60.00 $ registration fee for language courses. You can pay by cash, Debit card, Visa or Master card.

Are there any placements tests available in order to register for French or English classes?

Yes there are. For more information call us at 450 443 6576 and we will gladly assist you.


What is Ventures?

Ventures places emphasis on teaching students to develop practical skills including maintaining healthy habits and problem-solving, while developing domestic and social skills. The goal of this 3-year program is to give adult learners the tools needed to become more autonomous in their daily lives.

What is Ventures +?

Ventures Plus focuses on acquiring specific competencies in a semi-skilled trade and on learning how to plan and organize a job search. The program enables students to take charge of their learning, in order to update or develop skills that will enable them to face the challenges associated with new workplace realities.

What will students learn in Ventures ?

The following competencies are covered in the program :

  • Basic Math Skills
  • Basic English Skills
  • Basic French Skills
  • Basic Cognitive Skills
  • Communication Skills
  • Personal and Social Skills
  • Psychomotor Skills
  • Day-to-day Management
  • Household Skills
  • Family Skills
  • Work Skills
  • Sex Education
  • Personal Care
  • Using Community Resources
  • Generalization of Learning

What will students learn in Ventures+ ?

The following competencies are covered in the program :

  • Math Skills for the world of Work
  • Communication Skills for the World of Work
  • Accessing Services in the Community
  • Leisure and Personal Interests
  • Health Lifestyle Habits
  • Exploring Training and Career Options
  • Rights and Responsibilities at Work
  • Choosing a Type of Work
  • Interactions in the Workplace
  • Time Management in the Workplace
  • Internship in the Workplace


How do I register ?

If you are interested in the program Ventures or Ventures+, please contact Christopher Kwok, orientation counsellor, at ckwok@rsb.qc.ca or at 450-672-4010 ext. 6880. A meeting will be scheduled with the student to evaluate his or her profil, visit the institution and meet the different teachers. The student will be invited to do a two weeks trial session to see if the program fits them.  After this two-week period, the school team will determine if the school is a good fit for the student at which point they will then encourage the student to move forward with the registration.


Feel free to contact us at 450-676-1843

General Development Test (GDT)

What is the General Development Test?

The General Development Test (GDT) was developed to measure the general skills needed to evolve and succeed adequately in vocational training.

If a student, 18 years of age or older, does not meet the prerequisites for admission to a vocational training program, the General Development Test (GDT) is required in order to be eligible to enroll in the program of their choice.

We offer GDT on the 1st Tuesday of each month. To make an appointment to take the exam, contact us:

450-676-1843 ext 7580

Secondary School Equivalency Test (TENS Exam)

If you do not have a Secondary School Diploma, le Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES), offers you the opportunity to achieve a Secondary School Equivalency Certificate. This will allow you to demonstrate the skills, knowledge, competencies and abilities you have acquired.

You must be 16 years of age, as of June 30th of the current year, to write this exam.

The cost of the TENS exam is free!

To make an appointment to take the exam, contact us:

450-676-1843 ext. 7580